SharingStories Foundation are a not-for-profit organisation led by a passionate Board with equal representation of Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples.
We work with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage through digital technologies and vibrant artistic art forms for the benefit of all children today and future generations tomorrow.
- Healthy children proud of culture and identity;
- Elders respected as the teachers of cultural knowledge;
- Australian society understanding and valuing the centrality of Indigenous stories to the country’s landscape.
Our Way of Working
- Learning both ways – Elder and child, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, speaking and listening, traditional and modern, oral storytelling and digital storytelling – and building spaces where learning both ways is real for Indigenous children, Elders and all Australians.
- Working over the long term, supporting ongoing cultural maintenance practices.
- Inventing, adapting, adopting, continuously finding new and exciting ways to interpret cultural stories using a range of dynamic and evolving media art forms.
- Commitment to Indigenous self-determination in all aspects of program design, implementation and outcomes.