The Bangerang people of the Murray Goulburn region have collaborated with SharingStories since 2015. Projects have been developed together to support community goals, the development of language resources and the cultural practices of oral storytelling. In 2015-2016, SharingStories facilitated sharing and learning through a digital storytelling program between Elders from three family groups of the region and St Georges Road Primary School students. Students produced wonderful creative interpretations of the knowledge shared. With programs spanning over many years, the community are sharing an array of media outcomes with the public in the future.
The Bangerang Community has:
- shared culture and stories through the Koorie Culture Map an interactive map experience
- released a multi-touch book of the Dunggula: The Murray River a creation story
- released an animation of the Dunggula: The Murray River a creation story
- produced educational resources for Jajoo Warrngara : The Cultural Classroom to support teachers embed First Nations perspectives across the curriculum.
- developed additional language resources
Uncle Sandy Atkinson (Senior Custodian/ Storyteller), Anne Atkinson (Cultural Custodian/ Education), Uncle Kevin Atkinson (Cultural Lead), Kobe Atkinson (Translator/ Narrator) and Roland Atkinson (Cultural Custodian).