Wamba Wamba Community
The Wamba Wamba people have worked with SharingStories Foundation since 2016. Projects were developed to support community goals, and have produced media enriched cultural content and supported the utilisation of language and culture in the classroom.
In 2016-2019, SharingStories facilitated sharing and learning through multiple digital storytelling workshops between cultural custodians from the Wamba Wamba Community with Swan Hill and Swan Hill North Primary School students who produced wonderful creative interpretations of the knowledge shared.
Since 2020, the Wamba Wamba community has:
- shared culture and stories through the Koorie Culture Map an interactive map experience
- produced educational resources for Jajoo Warrngara: The Cultural Classroom to support teachers embed First Nations perspectives across the curriculum.
Over the next two years, the Wamba Wamba are :
- releasing a multi-touch book Pondi and Muyi: The Wamba Wamba storybook
- releasing the Pondi animation narrated in Wamba Wamba
- releasing the Muyi-Mir animation narrated in Wamba Wamba
Uncle Ron Murray (Senior Custodian/ Storyteller), Aunty Stephanie Charles (Senior Custodian) and Sandra Kropinyeri (Cultural Custodian/ Education).